To F12 or not to F12

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Wed Mar 3 02:43:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now what I really would appreciate is a place to go to learn how to use
> the one thing that would allow me to use a handful of tiny Windows
> freeware apps that I have acquired along the way--i.e., WINE.

WINE works surpisingly well.  CodeWarrior Pro 8 works flawlessly under
F11's WINE, with the exception of the source code debugger.  The
CodeWarrior IDE has a very rich, complex user interface.  I can create
Win32 application in CW8 under WINE, then after building them, run
them under WINE or under Real Redmond.

It works so well that I have started using Notepad++ - a Win32 program
- to edit my source when working in Linux.  My only complaint is the
tiny Windows-style file dialogs, but otherwise it works just fine.

Older Windows apps are likely to work better than new ones, mainly
because the WINE developers have had more time to fix any problems
with them.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha