partition customization ....how do I ???

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 4 15:53:25 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010, Mikkel wrote:
>On 03/03/2010 09:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 03 March 2010, Mikkel wrote:
>>> I had a setup behaved like that. The difference was caused by moving
>>> the SATA drive from one system to another. The second system
>>> supported 3.0 Gbps and the first one only supported 1.5 Gbps. I have
>>> also seen it when someone had installed the jumper that limited the
>>> drive to 1.5 Gbps.
>>>
>>> Mikkel
>>
>> In this case, same motherboard, same sata0 connector.  This board has 6
>> or 7 sata ports. 4 in use ATM.
>
>Did you check the jumper settings? I have seen a speed jumper on a
>lot of 500Gib and smaller drives. Less so on larger drives.
>
>Mikkel

Well, I just picked it up to see, there is a jumper, on the two of 4 pins
farthest from the cable connector.  Looking at the fine print with a 20 power
glass would seem to indicate that it is the 1.5Gbs limit jumper.  NDI how one
would go about removing it, its so shrouded and buried that no pair of
tweezers I own could extract it.  Whatever, the platters I would expect to
see visibly scratched it I was to open it.  By now, I'm sure seacrate would
find an excuse not to warranty it.  Shrug.  Besides, the difference in
machine speed is a lot more than 2/1.

Thanks Mikkel.

--
Cheers, Gene