package rollback

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 21:32:02 UTC 2010

Dj YB wrote:
> On Thursday March 4 2010 00:59:03 Mike McCarty wrote:
>> Personally, I think full backups from time to time, stored
>> off site, are a good idea, anyway.
>
> thanks for the advice

My dad taught me "Never turn down an opportunity to state your opinion."

:-)

> I agree and I ran for some time BackinTime every night doing full backup but
> apparently it is not so clear how to restore your full backup...
> if only there was a way to do such snapshots automatically without dealing
> with all the mounting and run levels and you know... not ordinary user stuff...
> anyway, lesson learned.

I've had such kinds of exchanges before with people, who don't like
doing _proper_ backups, and they always seem to think it's too much
trouble to learn how to make one, and how to do one. After the first
time they really lose data, or wind up with a tangled mess that doesn't
boot and run properly, they suddenly change their minds.

I know it does sound like a lot, but in the end it's less trouble
to make proper backups.

I've heard that the biggest market for burglar alarms is people
who have been broken into. Others just don't see the necessity.

> thanks again.

I just wish I had an easier solution, like a magic wand, for you.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.