postfix issue...

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Mar 5 02:04:11 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 06:27 PM, Craig White wrote:
> I would submit that only a very tiny amount of people would actually do
> what you are trying to do (use gmail as a smarthost).
>
> Yes, it would be worth it if you leave a trail behind in case anyone
> else wants to do that.

If you think of it that narrowly, then you are correct. But if you
take it as an example on how to set up using a smart host with sasl,
then you have a wider audience.

For that matter, you get people like me, that 3 different smart
hosts, depending on the email address doing the sending. Then there
is the general relay host for the mail that does not match those
rules. Because this setup is on my home network, I can not send the
mail directly from here. For some reason the DSL IP addresses are on
the DUN list. ;)

Mikkel