partition customization ....how do I ???

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Mar 5 14:05:45 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 08:44 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 March 2010, Craig White wrote:
>
>> DD is just an overlay to fdisk and anything that DD does, is nothing
>> that anyone can't replicate by using fdisk manually prior to, or as
>> suggested to the OP upthread, simultaneous to the installation. I never
>> cease to be amused at your ability to posture that you actually
>> understand what you are doing. Feel free to bugzilla any problems you
>> run into.
>>
>> Craig
>
> That may well be, but the fact that what I did, works so much better.  You
> have the company line to follow, and any deviations have to be psychoanalyzed
> so it is somehow the discoverer of that better ways fault.  Amazing.

The thing is, it "works so much better" for you. It fits the way you
think about things. But other people have different ways of doing
things. Linux is about choice. But just because a tool doesn't fit
for you, that does not mean the tool is broken.

I can get the layout I want using DD. I could also get the layout I
want by using fdisk or parted before installing, or during install
by switching to the command prompt. But it would be extra work that
I do not need to get the results I want. I have to admit that I
don't use LVM in my layout - but that is my choice, and DD lets me
make that choice.

Mikkel