gnome on F12 can't auto login user1, but can direct login user2

L yuanlux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 23:09:22 UTC 2010

Hi

I have 2 users; USER1 and USER2 on F12. On gnome, I set USER1 to be
auto login as below /etc/gdm/custom.conf

# GDM configuration storage

[xdmcp]

[chooser]

[security]
[debug]

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=USER1
TimedLoginDelay=5

the problem is that I can't log out USER1 and login USER2. When I log
out USER1, click on USER2, it shows select language and click on
login. after did language selection and click on login, system seems
starting login process, but failed login and automatic back to the log
in screen again.

my temporary solution is that keep USER1 login and use 'Switch User'
to log into USER2.
hope some share fix for me

http://etvillage.blogspot.com/