My contribution

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:42:12 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 March 2010 09:01:55 pm Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 21:21 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> Yes, I must agree. Having to wait less than 2 years to get a clipboard
> that really works or to be asked if you really want to delete files is
> completly unrealistic.

One of the reasons I prefer Linux over other OSes is precisely that --- the
machine does not treat me like an idiot, and does not insult my intelligence
by asking stupid "are you sure" questions.

I know, accidents can happen, but if I select several files, click on "delete",
go on to empty the trash, even answer one "are you sure" question (and get
pissed off by it in the process since I don't usually use Nautilus and don't
customize it) --- then, for the love of God --- I WANT THE DAMN FILES DELETED!

Now, if anyone ever "fixes" your bugzilla entry about confirmation before moving
to trash, please remind me to file another bugzilla and request that this be
reverted to old behavior. I will settle for a config option to have such a
confirmation, but it better be off by default.

And I don't even use Nautilus and Gnome in regular situations.

HTH, :-)
Marko