What's your fave--Gnome or KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 02:14:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 10:50 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> In looking over the reviews of Fedora 12, I was shocked that a big piece
> of the possible Fedora 12 experience is missing: KDE.

It's not missing, it's just not the default. IMHO most reviewers out
there are so clueless that they don't seem to realize this. There is no
problem at all installing and using KDE with Fedora.

> I just discovered KDE. I don't know why I didn't use it sooner than
> this. Now is it just my brand-new hardware, or the massive improvements
> that Fedora has seen over the last several years, or is KDE the desktop
> to beat?
>
> Sure, I had a learning curve--like how to use the new Desktop Folder as
> a widget, and how the wallpaper actually shows through it wherever you
> need to place it. And how to use Desktop Activities, and the K App
> Launcher. But these seem vastly superior to Gnome. Add to it that I've
> been using a lot of KDE-specific apps, all of which had a problem
>
> I can't be the only KDE fan here. What does everybody else think?

I assume that's a rhetorical question rather than an attempt at an
opinion poll (or flamewar as we call it). If you like KDE (as I do) then
maybe you should subscribe to the Fedora KDE list
<kde at lists.fedoraproject.org>

poc