How to play webradio with Firefox

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 16:16:36 UTC 2010

2010/3/7 Barry Yu <barry10280 at gmail.com>:
> On 03/06/2010 08:20 AM, Antonio M wrote:
>> 2010/3/6 barry yu<barry10280 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I have to copy the link of a webradio and then fire up VLC, select
>>> open location from clipboard to play the desire audio clip. If I just
>>> brow the website with Firefox and then click on the play now button,
>>> it won't work at all. When I check the Tools->Add-ons->Plugins,
>>> mplayerplug-in gecko-mediaplayer 0.9.9, VLC Multimedia Plugin are
>>> there and with "Disable" button at right side when highlight the
>>> plugin (so I assume these 2 plugins are activated).
>>> Both VLC and MPlayer are working with video, DVD movies.
>>> --
>>>

>> I don' have the gecko-mediaplayer plugin installed, but I can play
>> most of webradios using an external played fired by firefox.
>> What is the radio you are are trying to play?? just to play same files :-)
>>

> Below is the address of the webradio that I wanted to play;
> http://www.881903.com/Resourse/VideoPlayback/res/cr1_local.ram
> --

It is playing great if you have Realplayer plugin installed
>From about:plugins I get:

Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

    Nome file: nswrapper_32_32.nphelix.so
    Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version
0.4.0.626 built with gcc 3.2.0 on Jul 26 2007

Hope it can help
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52