Fedora 12 installing

Fred Williams dukederf at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:18:28 UTC 2010

On 9 March 2010 21:14, Andres Felipe Acosta Gil <pipeacosta at gmail.com>wrote:

> I downloaded the disc image and burned it in a DVD, then i booted Fedora,
> but the screen turns dark and the dvd stops, should i download the fedora
> image and burn it again?? or what else should i do??
>
> --
> Andres Acosta
>
> --

Firstly I'd check the .iso image you downloaded first, and compare it's
MD5sum is correct (there are a number of ways to do this in any OS)
If it doesn't check out, then download it again.
If it does match, then the next thing to do is check the burn settings for
your DVD burner - for K3B this isn't too hard - and turn it down a couple
speeds. I've found that burning at 4x speed, while slow, has never given me
an unbootable DVD yet.