kmail stopped to work

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Mar 10 02:29:07 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 03:39 AM, maumar at datalogica.com wrote:
> Sorry to open a new thread, but i have not access to my mail :( and i
> cannot continue this thread.
> I am using webmail to write thsi message.
> I have F11 and i have already enabled Nempomuk on
>
> System Setting/Advanced/Desktop Search
>
> some days ago, but Nepomuk keeps to complain always as ususal.
>
> This morning kmail stopped, i restarted it but on notify icon does
> apperas a message that roughly says: i cannot find mysql backend
> database 'redland' and Nepomuk wil not started; for security reasons
> and than it is impossible to read as another notify message cover this.
>
> Contextually, if thsi may help, dirmngr goes to 100% of cpu, and i
> cannot clcik on kmail window, i can only close it forcing to quit.
>
> I have mail from 2002 and any help will be very apreciated
>
> Maurizio

   I hope someone from KDE can help you. When I saw this, I changed to
thunderbird - however I had carefully saved addressbook previously as
ldif file and also I never use local storage for any mail client.

   I run a local imap server for all local mail storage - precisely so I
can easily switch clients.

   If you are actually using kmail for your local storage - then you
could try updating to f12 - f12 folks seem to have less problems than f11.

   Failing that the mail is stored on disk - either in maildir++ format
or in mbox format ... so you can probably get to it anyway.

  Good luck.

 gene/