Tethering iPhone

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:04:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM, paul s <fedora-list at queuemail.com> wrote:

> hi Patrick -
>
> I had success tethering the iPhone using blueman-1.21-2.fc12... I use
> wicd for my network connections so i switched to the ethernet once
> connected...
>
> I never tested it with networkmanager and nm-applet but the bluetooth
> connection should become available once you are tethered...

The thing is, I want to do this precisely because my DSL connection is down,
so I can' t run yum from my Fedora machines (oh the humanity!). I did dl the
blueman rpm to the iMac and copy it over, but of course it wants a couple of
others as dependencies, which want others etc etc. You get the picture. I
guess I'll hope the DSL comes back up and I can do this properly, ready for
next time :-) Hmmm, it would be nice to be able to do some kind of web-based
dependency resolution (e.g. I upload a list of my installed rpms, some
remote service then tells me what to download to install foo). Nice project
for someone with time on their hands.

BTW the Release Notes for F12 claim that Bluetooth tethering works out of
the box. I guess I must have the wrong box.

Thanks for your help.

poc