Keboard defaults changing at logon time with Gnome and F12

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 14:27:56 UTC 2010

By default my system has F12 in english, but the only keyboard defined is Canada.  After every boot or logon, I find that the user's keyboard has reverted to USA.  I have to delete the USA entry in order to recover the functionality of the Canada Keyboard..  I write in French and Spanish, and accented characters are essential, that is why I use Canada French.

It is with the logon screen, where defaults are shown in the bottom of the screen.

By the way xorg.conf shows the correct default ca(fr)

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein