Fedora 12 installing

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:20:44 UTC 2010

On 11/03/10 05:01 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 08:50 -0700, David Bartmess wrote:

>>> Upstream X.Org. I'm sure if you search it, you will find lots of
>>> discusions about it. You can always switch to a terminal and kill X
>>> manually (or just the process hanging), or you can re-enable it in an
>>> xorg.conf if you really want to.
>>>
>>> -c
>>>
>> Where can I find this to turn it back on? And what is the setting? I
>> can't find an xorg.conf file anywhere on my system.
> ----
> well the intent is not to run with any xorg.conf at all because that
> allows you to switch components (keyboards, mouse, monitor, videocard)
> without any need to reconfigure.
>
> but if you want one, it should go where it always has gone... /etc/X11
>
> The argument is 'DontZap "false"'
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>          Option          "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
>          Option          "AutoAddDevices" "true"
>          Option          "DontZap" "false"
> EndSection
>
> Craig

In fedora you don't need to edit the xorg.conf to enable the old
C-M-<backspace> behaviour you need to put this in one of your login
scripts, `setxkbmap -option -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp'.

This could be any of the boot scripts or to make the setting per-user
put it in your ~/.bash_profile (or what ever is the profile file for
your shell). If this doesn't work then try to specify the above
xorg.conf solution.

This was discussed in great detail in a thread titled "3 finger salute
gone in F11" from the 3rd week of July 2009.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu