dmidecode not working?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:59:18 UTC 2010

On 11/03/10 01:06 PM, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> Let me start by saying this may or may not be a Fedora issue.
>
> I recently purchased two Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboards and am
> running F12 on them. The marketing for these boards say they support
> SMBIOS 2.4 and DMI, yet dmidecode says:
>
> [root at phoenix ~]# dmidecode
> # dmidecode 2.10
> # No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry.

I have the exact same Mobo, and so far I have had no issues with either
of the NICs. I have used Fedora 10 and 11 with this board. However I
have not checked the BIOS version with dmidecode. I have done several
BIOS upgrades since I bought the board. Gigabyte provides binary updates
which you can use from a USB drive. Maybe you can try that?

Sorry I can't help any more as I am 15 hrs away from my system and I
won't be back before next week. Hopefully this was of some help.

--
Suvayu