Broadcom Wireless Gone

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 04:28:20 UTC 2010

I just noticed that my wireless (which has been working flawlessly
since installing F12) is no longer available. NM has wireless grayed
out as "disabled."

I uninstalled and re-installed kmod-wl and broadcom-wl. I deleted the
connection and re-created it in the NM dialog. No joy.

I notice using iwconfig:
IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:""
Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:54 Mb/s   Tx-Power:24 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Managementmode:All packets received
          Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=0 dBm  Noise level=0 dBm

Given that NM requires an associated AP, it looks like it is not able
to negotiate WPA2.

Unfortunately, I am not sure when this occurred.

Kernel=2.6.32.9-70.fc12.i686.PAE