yum update failures.

Chris chris1.noreply at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:35:56 UTC 2010

On 12 March 2010 10:05, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an "nss" update that has entered the stable updates repo
> with related updates still sitting in updates-testing:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nss-util-3.12.6-1.fc12
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nspr-4.8.4-1.2.fc12
>
> The maintainer could have merged all packages into the same
> update request.

Out of interest - could Fedora not implement some kind of automatic
testing to prevent these dependency issues? Whilst there is a simple
workaround for upgrading via yum, it still breaks other things such as
building custom spins with revisor (which I've been trying to do but
cannot). It seems surprising that this kind of problem can't be caught
automatically and the updates rejected.

---
Chris