Comments on the fastestmirror plugin

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Fri Mar 12 15:48:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Fred Williams <dukederf at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The main downside I see to it is that those users on an ISP which throttles
> BitTorrent will suffer, and have to go back to standard downloads, but if
> both are provided, then no issue.

I have found that some corporate firewalls block BitTorrent, no doubt
to keep wayward employees from downloading w4r3z, but they also have
the effect of preventing right-thinking employees from downloading
Open Source installation ISOs.

So if Fedora does provide BitTorrent RPM downloads, it would still
need to offer HTTP as well.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha