Fedora 12 installing

Patrick Bartek bartek047 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 18:20:45 UTC 2010

--- On Sat, 3/13/10, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Upstream, either Xorg or
> Gnome. One of the reasons, IIRC,
> >> was that
> >> some people are using/could use that key combo by
> mistake.
>
> > Using that reasoning, Ctrl-Alt-Del should be turned
> off, too.  That combo is even more dangerous.  On my
> keyboard, 'Backspace' and 'Del' are right next to one
> another.  But, you know, I've NEVER accidently or
> unknowingly, keyed either 3-key combo.  Not in 25+ years of
> using computers daily.  And I don't "do" computers for a
> living.  I just use them.
>
> In Firefox, ctrl-sfhit-del gives you the dialog box for
> clearing
> cookies, the cache, etc. I do not _really_ see how but
> someone _could_
> in a moment of total inattention hit another more dangerous
> three-key
> combo... I was just reporting something that I had read
> which may or
> may not be the developers' only or real reason. You would
> have to ask
> them - or try to sift through some devel list archives...

I wasn't chastising you, just commenting on the illogic of the "reasoning" of those who made the decision.

And it would be pointless to go through the archives:  The decision has been made, and the liklihood of it being reversed are extremely remote.  At least, the option of overriding that decision is available to the user.