Mail clients - which way forward?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 20:41:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the link. But it leaves the question...  Enigmail has never,
> to my knowledge, 'officially' supported alpha or beta builds of
> Thunderbird. I have always had to use one of the 'nightly' builds with
> them along with the Nightly Tester Tools extension.
>
> Which makes me wonder if this is just the same situation with different
> version numbers.

On the question of support for alpha or betas I think you are
perfectly correct but the link I sent implies that further support
will be withdrawn altogether which also implies that newer released
versions of TB will also not be supported for enigmail (presumably
unless another developer takes over the work on that project?)

--
mike c