texlive 2009

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 04:35:01 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 3/14/10, Mail Llists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

> From: Mail Llists <lists at sapience.com>
> Subject: Re: texlive 2009
> To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 8:54 PM
> On 03/01/2010 04:49 PM, Berkin Malkoc
> wrote:
> >
> > Bonjour Monsieur Patte,
> >
> > I hope this is not a trivial answer.
> >
> > To install latest TexLive (2009), I simply went to
> > http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html and
> after the
> > download, just followed the instructions which were
> pointed to on the
> > same page.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Berkin
>

>   One little issue - the only gui editor I saw was
> texmaker (are there
> others ?).

There is texworks, but it installs only on windows :(, I tried building it on Fedora 12, but it fails.  It is a simple editor, but IMHO kile and texmaker are better.  There are others, but YMMV.

>    If you install the texmaker rpm from the
> texmaker website - then yum
> will want to update it - and then the fedora texmaker will
> want to
> install fedora texlive ...
>
>   So if you use the rpm from texmaker - you'll need to
> exclude texmaker
> from yum.conf.
>
>   Anyone got a better way - or a better editor ?
> --

You can build kile-2.0-b3 kile 2.0 beta 3 and build from source using cmake and instructions provided.

The same thing happened to me, and I had to exclude texmaker when updating.

Regards,

Antonio