How to Install Nvidia Driver in Fedora12?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 05:30:56 UTC 2010

2010/3/14 Fred Williams <dukederf at googlemail.com>:
> 2010/3/15 Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux at gmail.com>

>> > In my experience, the only instructions that work are here, at
>> > rpmfusion, who provides the kernel module:
>> >
>> > http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
>>
>> Maybe I should add that, if I were you, I'd forget about Nvidia
>> drivers altogether. Nvidia offers no support for Linux and, since it's
>> not open source, you don't get much from the community either. Even if
>> the community wanted, without the source code, it would be minimal.
>>
>> My advice: stay with Nouveau.
>> --
>
> Out of curiosity, when does Nouveau plan to be able to offer the same 3D
> capabilities, if even in alpha-experimental form? That's the only thing
> keeping me from leaving the NVidia drivers for Nouveau.

  Nouveau 3D acceleration testing

Bruno Wolff noted[1] that experimental 3D acceleration for nouveau was
now available in the mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package, and asked
whether it was yet at a point where the developers would be interested
in bug reports. Adam Williamson promised to pass the question along to
the nouveau maintainer.

   1. ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-February/088305.html

From:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue212#Nouveau_3D_acceleration_testing