[OT] Deafening silence

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 15 11:10:18 UTC 2010

well I've found the selinux list to be a much better place to get help
> with selinux stuff than this list but I would expect that if you had put
> drupal stuff into /var/www and made a soft link in /home to that
> directory you would have not had any issues with selinux at all. If you
> try to move the files now, I would suspect that they would have to be
> relabeled since they probably have home contexts and not html contexts
> (man restorecon) and that would have to be fixed. I think you can also
> set a boolean operator to tell it that you are serving html pages from
> users home directories but I'm not sure from your description that you
> actually have drupal in a users folder.
>
> Craig

> I have working installations of Drupal 6.16 and 7 in /var/www/html and
> seLinux objects
latest is:
SELinux has denied httpd access to potentially mislabeled file(s)
(Eckankar.png). This means that SELinux will not allow httpd to use
these files. It is common for users to edit files in their home
directory or tmp directories and then move (mv) them to system
directories. The problem is that the files end up with the wrong file
context which confined applications are not allowed to access.

but Drupal uses that image file so I don't take any notice.

others are like:
SELinux has denied the sendmail access to potentially mislabeled files
/var/spool/clientmqueue. This means that SELinux will not allow httpd to
use these files. Many third party apps install html files in directories
that SELinux policy cannot predict. These directories have to be labeled
with a file context which httpd can access.

I installed a new copy of Drupal in /home/user/directory and set
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to point to that directory but get denials.

I have no understanding of contexts - its another thing I have to get to
grips with.
Thanks
Roger