gnome stickynotes applet replacement

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 16 14:54:33 UTC 2010

Around about 16/03/10 14:45, Michael Cronenworth typed ...
> I copied in the previous version code with a custom RPM and I am happily
> using sticky notes.

   What version are you using?

   My approach till now had been to grab an older SRPM (may even have been
from F10 which is what I had before my last upgrade), rebrand it and rip out
all but the sticky notes, but it's suffering a bit.

   I think the main issue with mine is that the .ui XML file isn't loaded
correctly, so the per-note prefs. window is empty and I can't delete notes
as neither button on the 'are you sure' prompt does anything (I have to
close that with the WM close button).

   I've only just noticed this morning that the current F12 gnome-applets
RPM can be nobbled to re-introduce the applet, so don't know how that will fare.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature