Replying to Yahoo emails in Evolution...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 17 03:00:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 16:16 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I use Evolution as my email client.
>
> I use gmail accounts to group my various interests via different email
> addresses and receive my emails via their SMTP server services.
>
> Everything works great except that when I get an email from a sender
> using a Yahoo account, the content is in some sort of text box frame
> thingy.
>
> And even that is OK (I can read it and such) except that when I type
> text in to reply to something it doesn't handle prefacing the quoted
> text lines with a ">", for example.
>
> Anyone else run into this ?
>
> Is there an easy way to work with these sorts of emails ?
----
yes... it's been an issue for quite some time.

I generally get my cursor at the bottom most point inside the containing
box and start deleting stuff I don't want but of course that is a
hassle.

The other options are to change the format to HTML, delete the crap you
want out, and then change it back to plain text or copy and paste into a
regular (non-html) text editor and copy it again from there and paste it
back into Evolution.

No really simple solutions I am afraid to relate.

I'm beginning to dislike most everything Yahoo these days.

Craig

believed to be clean.