Charging USB devices with Fedora

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Wed Mar 17 11:33:40 UTC 2010

Il giorno mer, 17/03/2010 alle 11.28 +0200, Kari Somby ha scritto:
> It can be something on your USB device or USB port.
> I have Mio DigiWalker (GPS map) and when I plug it to USB, it starts charging
> its battery.
> When using USB purely powering purposes, no drivers are needed - only thing is
> that USB devices are enabled.
> The Mio DigiWalker charges even if I plug it to XBOX 360.
> So it must be something wrong with your MP3 players batterys or you USB just
> can't supply max. 500 mA current.
> Try to use those MP3 players with other computer.
> If it doesn,t help, your MP3 batterys are dead.
I wrote to the list because:

1. I have 2 totally different devices
2. The 2 device works well if connected to USB
3. The device are NEW (2 days)
4. I buy also a "universal adapter" to charge it from home power instead
of PC.
5. I tried with 2 laptop
6. I don't have a desktop to try. Now I'm trying with a HD cable that
has 2 USB connector (one of them for the extra current I think).
7. No drivers are deployed with the devices
8. I used also Vista with the same results.

It's very strange that 2 different devices bought in the same store at
the same moment are both dead.

Bye
 Ambrogio