Tell me proper URL for yum checking

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Thu Mar 18 08:17:48 UTC 2010

Yes, and what he told you is that there is no legal URL for a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 yum repository. A Red Hat Network subscription (which
uses up2date) is required. Now if you happen to have an RHN
subscription, up2date can be coerced into using a third party yum
repository. See /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

If you don't have an RHN subscription, you can convert your RHEL4 to
CentOS4 by replacing the redhat-release with centos-release (IIRC) then
use the CentOS4 yum repositories.

--
Chris Kloiber