Sorbet on Fedora's future

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 06:04:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 20.03.2010, 01:30 -0400 schrieb Marcel Rieux:

>> (1) The only option available in my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P's BIOS
>> offering only options for entering passwords, for exemple.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to tell us. What does your
> BIOS have to do with the OS?

See my answer to charles zeitler. I suppose he'd be more apt then me
to answer this question.

>> (2) For instance, "New File" entering the clipboard every time a new
>> file is created.

> I cannot reproduce this bug here

Try the GNOME desktop.

, could you explain a little more in
> detail? I created a new file in nautilus, thunar and pcmanfm and never
> had "New File" in my paste buffer. Do you have a cliboard manager
> running, preferably parcellite

I installed parcellite. When you have more than a screenful of
entries, you have to scroll up the list to the first entry. This
disqualifies parcelite for me. The icon looks like a real icon two. 3
feet away it still speaks to you. KDE should at least have an icon set
that looks this way.

After I installed parcellite and klipper side by side, klipper began
acting correctly except for New File entering both clipboards, but
this seems like a GNOME problem. Now, I don't have to reselect before
I copy, no more white spaces and so on.

In KDE 4.4, funny developers have placed klipper in the bottom panel.
I found no way to move it. When you want to select an entry, you have
to move up the screen to get to the first entry. No so in GNOME, as my
icon is in the top panel: the latest entry is right below the icon.

Sometimes I feel the programmers try to make people crazy on purpose!

As for the rest, you'll have to excuse me, it's getting late, here.