Moving Klipper [was: frappé on Fedora's future]

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Mar 21 13:01:54 UTC 2010

Marcel Rieux wrote:
> In KDE 4.4, funny developers have placed klipper in the bottom panel.
> I found no way to move it. When you want to select an entry, you have
> to move up the screen to get to the first entry. No so in GNOME, as my
> icon is in the top panel: the latest entry is right below the icon.

I am sure if you write to the KDE developers they'll apologize for not
having consulted you first.

However, I think this is simply a case of your not knowing how to
configure KDE to your liking.

The Klipper icon is part of the "System Tray" which is, by default,
placed on the lower panel.  It is a simple matter to either move the
lower panel to the top of the screen and if you want create a new panel
at the bottom.  Or you could create a new panel for the top of the
screen, delete the "System Tray" from the bottom panel and add "System
Tray" to the top panel.

http://twitpic.com/1a0d9l/full

may help you somewhat.  Unless I have misunderstood what you're getting at.

> Sometimes I feel the programmers try to make people crazy on purpose!

Sometimes I feel that even the most intuitive user interface isn't
sufficient for crazy users.  :-)