Sorbet on Fedora's future

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 21 21:51:18 UTC 2010

Tim wrote:

> *You're* trying to use the wrong distribution, then.  This one is
> designed for geeks, not for weenies.  If you want something set up for
> newbies and clueless users, then GO AND USE ONE OF THE DISTROS THAT HAVE
> BEEN DESIGNED FOR YOU.

I thought the OP was silly, but I don't agree with this response.
I hope Fedora does not see itself as an OS for geeks.
Actually, the OP did not strike me as a weenie,
but rather as a sort of misguided geek.

I hope Fedora will continue to do its best
to serve all those who want to use Fedora,
regardless of their expertise.

I don't think it can ever be wrong to explain clearly
how an application works,
or to make an OS as simple as possible.

--
Timothy Murphy