Shut down with usb connected

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Sun Mar 21 23:29:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Andres Felipe Acosta Gil
<pipeacosta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all, i shut down my computer with a usb memory connectad, then i
> disconnected it when the computer was turned down, when i turned on the
> computer, a black screen appears and a prompt (i cant type anithing), and
> fedora or windows doesn't boot. What should i do??

Go into your PC's BIOS right when it boots.  That's usually done by
holding the Delete key during boot, but your PC might use a different
key.

Your BIOS should have a "Boot" section.  Look over the items in the
boot order listing, then make any changes to ensure that both the
listed devices and their boot order is completely correct.

On my own box, my Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard mangles the boot
order every time I change the connectivity of any storage devices.
The result is almost always that I cannot boot until I myself do what
I just told you to do.

And yes, that is a glaring firmware bug, and really inexcusable for a
high-end server motherboard, but there it is.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com