AppArmor about to be merged into the kernel?

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Mon Mar 22 06:03:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>> Heh.  That's a good point, but I would remind all of you that SELinux
>> comes from No Such Agency.
>>
>> Which Evil is the Lesser?
>>
> That too is for the individual to decide.

It happens that the NSA has a largely unclassified office that is
primarily concerned with computer security.  They produce a scholarly
journal called EDPACS - Electronic Data Processing Audit and Control
Systems if I remember correctly.

Back in the day, I was posting some ideas about security on Usenet,
which EDPACS' editor happened to stumble across.  He invited me to
contribute a paper,  But I'm afraid I never did.

I don't know, but I expect that SELinux comes from the same people.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com