Fedora12 keyboard choice setting is not respected.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Mar 22 13:12:51 UTC 2010

Around about 20/03/10 00:49, David Timms typed ...
>> When I chose my logon, Gnome shows USA as the keyboard.

   I've been seeing this since upgrading to F12 as well.  I've seen hints
when googling that it's an issue with gdm, but I've not pinned it down.

   I've been having to remember to change the keyboard on login every time.
  Gut feeling is that it resets back to USA after a reboot, but then leaves
the keyboard nobbled if you forget and log in with it (incorrect keys
mapped, etc.)

> Can you list what locale info is in your grub boot kernel lines, eg:

   I only have LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 KEYTABLE=uk-logitech that seem relevant.

   I've also seen mention of:

/var/lib/gdm/.gconf/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/%gconf.xml

   Mine had us and the above uk-logitech entries.  I've deleted the us entry
(3 lines) to see if it makes a difference, but I've a feeling it won't
(gconf tends to cache in RAM, so changing that file is likely not to do
anything, and it must've got the 'us' from somewhere else, so it probably
will again).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature