NetworkManager

Theodore Papadopoulo Theodore.Papadopoulo at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Mar 23 16:20:47 UTC 2010

On 03/23/2010 01:30 PM, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 01:21 PM, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
>
>> My problem is that those two file do not belong to any rpm ?? How can I
>> restore them ??
>>
>> Is it normal to have such important files (or actually any file at all)
>> not dealt with rpm ??
>> In my (probably simplistic) view, every non-generated system file should
>> be assigned to an rpm...
>>

> To reply to myself. Those files are in the rpm NetworkManager in fedora
> 10 (wrong option in rpm -q).
> But I removed and re-installed those packages (in Fedora 12) and they
> have not been installed.
> There is cleraly something I do not understand...
>
>       Theo.

To reply once more to myself, I finally found the problem and it has
little to do with the above... The cure was:

rm /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state

For some reason, this file was containing something like:
[main]
NetworkingEnabled=false
WirelessEnabled=false
WWANEnabled=false

This setup was surviving to every reboot or restart of NetworkManager
and I do not know who plugged this settings there. Suppressing the file
and restarting NetworkManager cured all my troubles.

     All the best.

         Theo.