upgrade FC5

NoSpaze nospaze at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:45:32 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 24.03.2010, 07:07 +0000 schrieb Thufir:
> It seems impossible to upgrade FC5 without a clean install -- is that
> essentially correct?

It all depends on time. If you want to spent days fixing upgrade issues
between versions, no. If you want to write "yum upgrade f12", yes.

> If I did decide to stick with FC5, how, generally,
> would I go about installing java or other rpm's?  Manually downloading?

Installing fc5 rpms is easy, but again, other software would need time
and skills.

> Can I connect up FC5 with:
>
> http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/5/i386/

Yes (do you know what "connect" means?).

:)
Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo - nospaze at gmail.com
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962