latest kernel boots to a blank screen

ka1ifq ka1ifq at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 05:17:05 UTC 2010

"On 01:22:23 pm Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com> said"

> Is there no way to get those custom libs off ?
>
> I know I had to completely wipe my machine and I had 4 tbit to loose
> Tell me I was not choked?
>
> It was exactly the same thing
>
> Black screen and no way to recover.
>
> Just remember Install fc12
> Add remove software select your Nvidia driver
> The new kernel will install with the Nvidia
>
> Blacklist Nouveau in grub.config
> Lower selinux defense so the driver will load
> Reboot and enjoy
>

> Michael Miles
> mmamiga6

 I did not install any special drivers for my video card as other had done,
this is a plain install, no frills, so I am at a loss as to what happened. I
could see trouble if I had a video driver loaded that had to be recompiled
with each new kernel. This was thrown together to make a couple programs and
libs and since I am at a loss to know where all the pgms and libs got stuffed
it seems easier to just reload, maybe another flavor of linux would be better
suited for what I need.

Mike.

--
2.6.27.45-0.1-default GNU/Linux