Fedora 12 Modules

Patrick Bartek bartek047 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 21:17:20 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 3/25/10, Marvin Kosmal <mkosmal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't get my camera working in Fedora 12..  I
> suspect I am missing
> these modules..
> <My old computer worked and this is what is different
> between the two>
>
> usb_storage
> usbcore
> scsi_mod
>

> Where would I find these???

Usually, cameras need a dedicated driver (for that particular make of camera) to be accessable through USB.  Try this.  With the camera turned off, connect it to the USB port on the computer, turn it on and wait for 10 seconds or so, then in a terminal enter 'lsusb' (without the single quotes).  What gets reported?

If the camera doesn't show, but other usb devices do, you need a driver for the camera, probably.  If you get nothing, not even the USB hubs, then something is wrong with the USB.

You can avoid this camera issue by just getting a USB cardreader.  They don't need drivers.  I'm a commercial photographer, and a cardreader is how I access all my camera media cards.