Pwn2Own 2010: ChromeOS, the last man standing

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:51:28 UTC 2010

Google Chrome, however, has yet to succumb.

Once again, it's Chrome's sandbox which is making things difficult. At last
year's Pwn2Own, Charlie Miller had this to say:

    "There are bugs in Chrome but they're very hard to exploit. I have a
Chrome vulnerability right now but I don't know how to exploit it. It's
really hard. They've got that sandbox model that's hard to get out of. With
Chrome, it's a combination of things - you can't execute on the heap, the OS
protections in Windows and the Sandbox."

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/25/pwn2own-2010-google-chrome-is-the-last-man-standing/