Where's Fedora Security Spin ISO

Julian Aloofi julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:05:22 UTC 2010

Am 26.03.2010 15:44, schrieb Athmane Madjoudj:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone;
>>
>> I'm very interested in Fedora Security Lab/Spin because i dislike
>> backtrack 4 after the switch from SLAX to Ubuntu, after googling i
>> found Fedora Security Lab Spin at
>> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/security/ but download page does not
>> contain any download link or torrent
>>
>> so anyone can point me to the iso link ?
>>
>> Best regards
>
> I have found the source of kickstart at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/security-spin/browser
>
> how i can rebuild this spin from source ?
>
> Thanks for advance

Install the packages livecd-creator and spin-kickstarts. Then create an
empty directory, and copy /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-live-base.ks
to this directory. Now download the fedora-livecd-security.ks from
fedorahosted to this directory as well ("Download in other formats" at
the bottom of the page over here
https://fedorahosted.org/security-spin/browser/fedora-livecd-security.ks ).

Now become root with su, and temporarily disable SELinux with
"setenforce 0". It will be enabled again next time you start the
computer, or with "setenforce 1".
You can now create the iso with "livecd-creator --config
fedora-livecd-security.ks". It will take some time, and result in an
.iso file which you can use as any other iso file (dd to USB stick, or burn)