How to remove linux partition

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 20:53:12 UTC 2010

> I've not had to mess with Windows partitions much...but I
> don't recall
> the Linux tools being much good at fiddling with NTFS.
>
> It would be my suggestion to get a copy of "Partition
> Magic".  Its a
> good Windows utility that can be had for a "good price" if
> you know
> where to look.

I am sadly disagreeing with the above advice :(

The linux tools have greatly improved.  The OP has many choices

1) use the "Manage" options directly from windows and resize the disk there using Microsoft's own tools.

2) use Gparted LiveCD/SystemRescueCD/PartedMagic/ plain old cfdisk from any linux live cd and delete the partition then extend it like Patrick and others have suggested

3) Your own solution(pay some $ for Partition Magic or get a trial copy, ...?)

I would take option (2) most of the time if not all the time :)
The linux tools are getting better and better with each release (there are exceptions of course^{1})

Regards,

Antonio

^{1} bugs with Gparted 0.5.2 or 0.5.1 not correctly doing something with disk operations, but older version work(s,ed)