log in through root

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 10:01:26 UTC 2010

On 28 March 2010 01:29, Rajanish Kumar <rajanish.kumar007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>  I have already installed Fedora 12 .I have given root password...and
> finally added a user name "rajanish"
> .I am log in through "rajanish"but i have not accessing throgh root...I want
> to log in through root because i want to learn administrative property.
>  please help me to guide log in through root..

You don't need to. For all tasks needing root privileges, you will be
asked for the root password and you can do all the administrative
tasks as user "rajanish". The interface looks something like this,

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/jalladandtux/screenies/root-password-dialog.png

> Rajanish Kumar
> Fedora User

Good Luck