Are the scripts in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d deprecated?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 28 21:56:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 15:35 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Yes, NM is quite good, but a complete and utter lack of docs for it is
> a major problem, and it appears the people working on it aren't
> willing to farm the creation of docs out.  I know.  I offered to do it
> at least four times and was met with a deafening silence each time.

I agree with the "for"s and "against"s, about NetworkManager, but
definitely don't have any sympathy about the documentation situation.
Even more so if you've offered to help and they won't even consider
that.

That puts documentation into the hands of isolated third parties who
will be doing black-box analysis to try and explain how it works, and
writing information which will fall out of date when the application
changes.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686