ogm video

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:17:34 UTC 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 03:14:16 Michael Miles wrote:
> On 03/28/2010 06:29 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > On Sunday 28 March 2010 23:50:18 Michael Miles wrote:
> >> On 03/28/2010 03:06 PM, Tim wrote:
> >>
> >> Limite de Segurança.ogm
> >>
> >> unfortunately this has to be downloaded with torrent
> >> http://www.kickasstorrents.com/t524772.html
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> I have installed every codec under the sun but no joy there
> >>
> >> I opened a virtual windows os and intalled klite codec pack
> >> xillisoft converted it no problem
> >>
> >> on the linux side no way
> >
> > What does mplayer say when you try to play it? If it doesn't play,
> > mplayer should provide a reason. It usually spits out a whole slew of
> > info messages, and among those there are usually good indications what
> > is wrong.
>
> It comes out with video/x-ogm-unknown-decoder

Can you please copy-paste the whole mplayer output? Maybe even adding the -v
option to increase verbosity level a bit? Oh, of course, don't use a GUI. Open
a terminal, type

mplayer -v filenameofthemovie

and post the output.

I am curious about this also, but it appears that the torrent you provided is
dead --- I see only two seeders with combined output of 835 B/s (!!!), and the
estimated time of download is 36 days 14 hours, which is of course ridiculous
for any testing purposes.

HTH, :-)
Marko