Looking for a monitor driver

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Wed Mar 31 12:38:50 UTC 2010

I did get the Dell E2210H display working on an F2 system.  However,
the display does not fill up the screen properly.
I managed to get the display working by modifying the  Section
"Screen"/"Display"/Modes "1920x1080".  I also modified the
"Monitor"/"Display  Size".

I noticed that the settings that I put into /etc/X11/xorg.conf seem to
have nothing to do with the gui from System/Display.  Those Mode
entries were "1280x960" and "1024x768" .  How is the gui and xorg.conf
related?