Keyboard Layout

Michael Thompson maverickapollo at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:27:59 UTC 2010

On 30/03/10 12:28, Michael Thompson wrote:
> In fedora 12, dispite setting the keyboard language to UK, every time
> I boot the machine, it resets to US. Is this a known issue, or is
> there some way of getting this change to stick that I am not seeing?
>
> Any advice?
>
> Cheers

Anyone else got any ideas?
Each time I remove the USA layout from keyboard preferences, and the
keyboard operates correctly, however when rebooted, the machine gets
back the USA keyboard layout, and needs removing again to reset the
keyboard back to UK. The UK option is always selected as default,
however the USA is always enabled and active on boot.

Now sorted, I removed each of the layouts, and added UK back in, USA has
now been readded by whatever is adding it back, but is at the bottom of
the list, and the UK is active, and at the top of the list. It would
appear that the position in the list is what determines the default
layout, not the option selection of default.

--
Michael
http://maverickapollo.wordpress.com