internet access

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat May 1 00:37:06 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 07:32 PM, terry wrote:
> Hello,
>      When I start the next day, after shutting off the computer, I must
> turn on    eth0    each time after reboot or start up in AM.  Could SE
> Linux be doing this or is it something else in some start up script?
> everything that I use works okay except for the aforementioned problem.
> The computer is hard wired to a Cisco wireless router then to a modem.

Look at your boot logs (/var/log/dmesg) and see what's up with eth0.
Its usually controlled by the network service (is it running?) or by
NetworkManager.  You need to determine *why* its not configured.  Does
it configure using DHCP?  Is it configured properly?

What does:

chkconfig network --list

say?  If it is configured to start, what does:

service network status

say?

What about NetworkManager?  (same questions)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net