Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video

Gary Waters ganana at videotron.ca
Sat May 1 23:11:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am using Fedora 12. I just upgraded from an nvidia geforce 6200LE
512MB to an nvidia geforce 8400GS 512MB ( PCI-X ). All video and sound
"jumps" and is quite choppy. When I switch back to the 6200LE everything
falls back into place. I decided to update to the latest nvidia driver
and have the same issue. The 6200LE works fine, whereas the 8400GS has
the sound and video issues. The card works fine in windows 7. It also
seems to play youtube videos well in firefox ( Linux ). Any
suggestions/solutions would be appreciated.

Gary