nVidia graphics problem, my experience

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Sun May 2 13:04:50 UTC 2010

I had a problem getting my laptop to boot Fedora 12 with the latest
2.6.3x kernels. It was fixed by disabling of hybrid SLi in the BIOS. For
GUI problems I always make sure I have the vesa drivers installed and an
xorg.conf file to match. Unfortunately it seems the yum nvidia graphics
driver updates recently have required yum to be run twice, before all
the updated components are installed as required. So if you try
rebooting before the complete update then the GUI can fail, as I found.
Heck, I can still manage with Fedora easier than Windows when thinks go
awry. For a start there's more help and info out there to help you, not
forgetting the helpful folks here. Perhaps I'm just more geeky than most.

JB