Preupgrade??

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Mon May 3 03:23:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Kevin J. Cummings <
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:

> On 05/01/2010 01:08 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>
> You can always choose to not use LVM when you install Fedora, but you
> have to be comfortable with selecting the advanced disk partitioning and
> using the tools provided.  Not everyone is.

I have selected my disk partitioning for a long time and  when new wizardry
comes along, I always wonder how much help it's going to be. In most cases,
for a desktop, here, I'd say "none".

> I believe there should be a page on FedoraProject to explain how to get
> > rid of that ext3 /boot partition. Of course, for most people, I suppose
> > it won't be much of an issue for most users but, when a 500 MB boot
> > partition is now suggested for /boot -- which 25 times my first HD! --,
> > it certainly doesn't look very clean.
>
> Knowledge of this sort is a dangerous weapon.  It is known by those who
> understand it and are willing to possibly shoot themselves in the foot
> because they know what they are doing.  When you get to that stage, you
> will understand.

There are some solutions here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_PreUpgrade#Not_enough_space_in_.2Fboot

but you think they're unsafe?