Preupgrade??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue May 4 19:00:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 04 May 2010 10:58:16 -0400, Peter Larsen wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 22:58 -0400, Marcel Rieux wrote:
	[....]
>> Whatever the case may be, it seems to me LVM shouldn't be thrown at
>> newbies for the desktop. I certainly will keep away from it as much as
>> I can.
>
> I could not disagree more. LVM is essential to solve problems like
> resizing issues; backup and generally solve all the problems that static
> partition tables has had since their inception.
	[....]

	<sigh> LVM is one of those things I've been hoping not to have to
learn ....

	OK, I'd like to use it for exactly that. gparted says I have a /
boot partition way too small for preupgrade, and one other partition
which it labels lvm2 -- though it also warns "Logical Volume Management
not yet supported [by gparted? or ...?]"

	So how do I treble or quadruple my /boot?? (Nota Bene, of the
methods at
https://fedoraproject.orgwiki/
How_to_use_PreUpgrade#Not_enough_space_in_.2Fboot neither has yet proven
within my competence -- my eyes glaze and I descend into glossolalia,
alas! -- nor have I ever managed any other way to increase the size of /
boot, such as for instance with gparted or qtparted.